Avionics Harness Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (HARNESS)
- Fabricate and assemble high quality and reliable wire harness and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Self-monitor work progress against area benchmarks, and achieve on-time delivery of all work.
- Read, interpret, and work from drawings and controlled documentation and processes
- Record work performed using shop floor management system (ERP)
- Perform verification of flight hardware, and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first-time production runs
- Assist with area efficiency improvement projects
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience using mechanical hand tools or following work instructions
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree
- Experience in a fast-paced production environment with flight hardware
- Experience in a high production environment with hands-on experience fabricating harnesses, electro-mechanical assemblies, or prototype development
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (3am), 2nd shift (1pm)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Avionics Harness Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Avionics Harness Technician/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Avionics Harness Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.