SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Work closely with Human Resources and senior management to develop and implement policies and procedures and advise on employment matters affecting the Company
- Advise on employment separation matters
- Assist with OFCCP compliance, including development of annual Affirmative Action Plans and periodic OFCCP compliance evaluations
- Provide legal support to recruiting, benefits and compensation personnel, including assessing background checks and reviewing job descriptions
- Monitor labor, employment and benefits law developments and advise HR and management of recommended changes to Company policies;
- Assist with immigration-related matters for the organization
- Assist with the review/update of personnel policies
- Manage other projects as required or assigned
- Juris doctor and membership in at least one state bar in U.S.
- 3+ years of employment law experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent academic record at top tier law school
- Relevant experience with a major law firm or corporation
- Experience with AAP preparation and/or OFCCP compliance evaluations
- Experience counseling clients with significant domestic manufacturing operations
- Experience counseling clients with significant international operations
- Experience with California employment law
- Demonstrated skill in providing legal training to business team members (both course development and presentation)
- Ability to communicate in clear, concise manner
- Capacity to focus on diverse projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the LA/Hawthorne, CA area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Employment Counsel: $190,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.