Customer Support Associate (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (STARLINK)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. We are already servicing +1M users in +60 countries and will continue expanding rapidly. As a member of the Starlink Customer Support team, you will be the face of Starlink to our customers, ensuring they have an exceptional overall experience.
In this role, you will triage, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues. You will analyze trends, identify gaps, and design simple, effective support interventions that improve our customers' experience. We're looking for excellent problem solvers who move quickly and proactively, and are obsessed with the success of our customers. This role is ideal for someone looking to join a scrappy, early-stage support team and set the tone for how we help our customers.
- Triage and resolve customer issues across multiple channels (digital, voice, etc.).
- Be a relentless internal advocate for the customer within SpaceX.
- Provide technical support to customers using hardware, software, and network expertise.
- Surface product, process, and training issues by pairing quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create and improve troubleshooting workflows and resolve root cause issues.
- Create and maintain internal knowledge base and help center collateral.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of experience in a front-lines customer support role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent problem-solving and sleuthing skills. You go beyond just the apparent and available answer and do what it takes to satisfy the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Talking with others comes naturally to you and you derive satisfaction from resolving their issues. You can distill complex concepts into simple explanations.
- Excellent empathy, active listening, and resiliency skills. You internalize customer concerns, solve them, and keep it positive.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills. You take pride in your craft.
- Willingness and ability to flex weekend and night shift hours as needed to support our growth.
- Experience in a training, learning & development, analytics, service design, vendor management, or content management role.
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Technical aptitude - experience with networking, hardware troubleshooting, software development, etc.
- Must be available to work scheduled shift, including holidays.
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the Redmond, WA area.
- Must be available to work 10-12 hours a day on one or more of the following shifts:
- 3rd shift: Alternating Weekday Schedule (6PM - 6AM)
- Monday - Thursday
- Monday - Wednesday
- 3rd shift: Alternating Weekday Schedule (6PM - 6AM)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Customer Support Associate / Level 1: $22.00/hour
Customer Support Associate / Level 2: $24.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.