SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a Graphic Designer on the SpaceX team you will be responsible for the development and execution of external facing design advertising and visual communications for Starlink.
This position will play a critical role in bringing to life visual representations of our customers and require a keen eye for detail and execution.
- Sketch, storyboard, ideate, and generate new campaign concepts for online and offline media channels based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Build internal partnerships with the marketing team to develop collateral, mailers, event graphics, iconography, web content, evites, presentations, tradeshow infographics, and other additional projects as needed.
- Liaise effectively with Retail Development team to develop infographics, signage, etc.
- Print production preparation and delivery on large format assets for out of home advertising, including billboards, subways, trains and buses media placements.
- Responsible for assets for affiliate, marketing, print and digital marketing, involving versioning out, translation updates provided by a global translation team
- Maintain the production workflow and optimizing design work for mobile and web quality
- Troubleshoot production challenges between partner and internal/external creative teams to achieve high-level of partner satisfaction
- Partner and collaborate with internal clients, external agencies, and print vendors to produce print or digital(upload) ready assets in a timely manner
- Manage/present to multiple stakeholders explaining the context, strategy, and rationale of visual choices and iterate on work
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, art, web design, or advertising
- 2+ years of professional design experience in illustration, graphic design, or print production
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of digital graphic/visual design experience, preferably in a creative digital agency setting working on digital products
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Expertise in visual quality assurance (VQA) of image size format, color format, and file delivery format
- Expertise in print mechanical builds (InDesign) of large, unique format files (Out of home advertising including: subways, billboards)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Proficiency with Figma
- Experience in design, layout, color, and typography to art direct or produce digital assets, partnering with Product Designers
- Experience in printer spec language and output
- Experience in working with outside print vendors and digital production
- Experience creating 2D digital assets/iconography
- Experience with motion graphics work
- Experience with animation, motion design, and dynamic interactions
- Strong visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- Typeface and or illustration design skills
- Experience with image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color corrections
- Knowledgeable in industry standard digital production technologies for pixel-perfect branded design assets for web and apps.
- A portfolio is a required with examples of graphic design, motion design, and iconography assets
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends to accommodate prototyping and product launch campaigns.
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the Hawthorne, CA area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Graphic Designer: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.