Machine Maintenance Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
SpaceX is looking for a self-sufficient, independent, versatile technician performing preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on various equipment. A systematic problem solver that understands a high volume manufacturing environment and keeps the equipment running in optimal condition while collaborating with internal and external customers.
- Maintain and repair land and marine vessel generators
- Provide maintenance on various equipment such as ovens, furnaces, vacuum systems, composite ply cutting machines, epoxy dispensing machines, environmental test chambers, tube-bending equipment, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems down to the component level
- Read and utilize schematics (mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience with repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic system
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of experience with reading blueprints and correlating them to physical components
- Understanding of generator sets (CAT, Mitsubishi, Cummings) and generator controllers (DeepSea, Woodward)
- Understanding of diesel mechanics as well as of forms of internal combustion engines
- Maintenance experience with various welding equipment (robotic, electron beam, friction, etc.)
- Maintenance experience on gas and electric ovens, vacuum systems, environmental thermal testing, and ply cutting equipment
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician or field service engineer
- Experience operating a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of the problem and comes up with permanent solution to remedy the issue
- Ability to navigate, utilize, and close out work orders
- Ability to work under deadlines, in a high paced work environment
- Ability to quickly learn and absorb technical content
- Strong prioritization skills, and, analytical, computer, and written skills
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Willing to travel for undetermined periods of time with limited notice
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to support project milestone
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Machine Maintenance Technician/Level 1: $25.25 - $34.00/hour
Machine Maintenance Technician/Level 2: $30.75 - $40.75/hour
Machine Maintenance Technician/Level 3: $36.25 - $47.25/hour
"Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.”
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.