Sr. Supplier Development Engineer, Silicon (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, SILICON (STARLINK)
SpaceX is looking for a highly motivated, highly-technical Sr. Supplier Development Engineer focusing on Silicon and Semiconductors with excellent problem solving and communication skills. A successful engineer in this role is technical, committed, organized, detail oriented, adept at driving actions and resolving conflicts; and communicates with ease at all levels. Quality and reliability expert with a track record of improving the quality of semiconductor components during New Product Introduction (NPI) as well as maintaining it throughout the life cycle.
- Work with the design, R&D, commercial supply chain, reliability and production teams to manage various Silicon and Semiconductor supply
- Develop deep understanding of product, process and testing to ensure world class products for our customers
- Drive failure analysis and resolve process & quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes;
- Identify quality gaps among components, module and system and drive them to closure
- Review and approve Semiconductor/RFIC/ASIC/MEMS fabrication technology, assembly processes and quality control plans
- Ensure suppliers are conforming to SpaceX quality specs and requirements
- Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements
- Responsible for setting and managing the quality and reliability standards for SpaceX EEE components
- Drive and track semiconductor component failures internally and root cause and corrective action (RCCA)
- Work with engineering to set DPPM, Failure-In-Time (FIT), and Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) in place for components and silicon chips
- Monitor, review, and present monthly performance data and metrics to stakeholders to enable data-driven decision making
- Internal owner of supplier process control, SPC, production yield improvements, new tool qualification, and new process development to address production quality and efficiency
- Understanding of SPC and other quality system used to monitor factory performance and to ensure no quality escapes
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or a STEM discipline
- 5+ years of manufacturing, supply chain, or business project experience
- 5+ years of experience with semiconductor fabrication and global manufacturing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or business
- Experience with high volume manufacturing
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level
- Knowledge quality processes - production part approval process (PPAP), advanced product quality planning (APQP), first article inspection reports (FAIR), etc
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9000/TS/AS9100/NADCAP)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods, e.g., design of experiments, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC), etc
- Knowledge of Lean concepts
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others across organizational lines, internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to make presentations to suppliers, team members and management
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- Ability to work extended hours, some nights and weekends when required to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel: average of 25-40% travel, possibly on short notice; valid driver’s license mandatory
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supplier Development Engineer: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.