Spaceport Restaurant Attendant - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT RESTAURANT ATTENDANT - TEMPORARY
SpaceX is looking for experienced, passionate, and driven team members to launch and grow world class food and beverage concepts inside our facilities. We are searching for candidates who have superior experience working in customer service with a focus in full service restaurants, bars and fast-casual dining establishments.
- Exercise strong customer service and communication skills
- Fill in for different front of house roles according to the day’s staffing situation
- Collaborate with the team for absolute guest satisfaction
- Coordinate and execute catering/event requests
- Maintain service by properly anticipating our guests’ needs
- Create a memorable dining experience by exceeding our guests’ expectations
- Assist in the organization and cleanliness of dining areas
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines
- Wine and beverage service
- Communicate frequently changing menu
This is a TEMPORARY position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Starbase, TX
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in food and/or customer service
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of food service experience
- Passion and knowledge of food and beverage
- Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent, informative, pleasant
- Strong knowledge of different styles of service
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to obtain valid state issued food and beverage certifications
- Strong understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for five or more hours
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime, weekends, and nights as needed
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks (lift up to 30 lbs. from the floor)
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Restaurant Attendant/Level 1: $19.00/hour
Restaurant Attendant/Level 2: $21.00/hour
Restaurant Attendant/Level 3: $23.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.