Production Supervisor (F9 Fusion Weld)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (F9 FUSION WELD)
- Assess the work performance of their employees against clearly established expectations and identifying areas that need improvement (provide documented coaching where necessary)
- Collaborate with business partners to continuously improve the quality, cost and delivery of our products
- Ensure that business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met
- Train and onboard newly hired employees to make sure the understand their roles
- Monitor business key performance indicators and escalate need for external support before irreversible problems arise.
- Set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based goals for workers and making sure they comply with the SpaceX’s plans and vision
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or project
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 5+ years in operational leadership
- Crane Operator Certification
- Time management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and working within company specific Lean Six Sigma programs
- Understanding of all rigging equipment – shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists, etc.
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment and write lift plans
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals and communications
- Demonstrated ability and experience reading, interpreting and following:
- Schematics: engineering drawings, layouts, part lists, weld schedules
- Industry standards: ISO9001, AWS D17.1, etc
- Manufacturing planning
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to build and maintain consistently winning and cohesive teams
- Computer skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Experience monitoring and continuously improving product quality, cost and lead times
- Must be available extended hours and weekends as needed
- 1st Shift estimated start time: 5:00AM
- Must be willing to travel for short/extended trips as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.