Global Operations Lead
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL OPERATIONS LEAD
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband to the world. The role combines traditional business planning and analysis with broader business decision-making and strategy, directly supporting Starlink's leadership. Global Operations is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. Team members are expected to analyze data and provide recommendations and to lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations.
- Gather data, and coordinate with external service providers for preparation of documents compliant with local tax requirements and e-invoicing requirements
- Guide planning and resource management for specific verticals within Starlink including development of business models
- Identify initiatives for improvement of Starlink's business outlook; develop, track, and execute business initiatives with Starlink's leadership
- Work with stakeholders to analyze the impact of proposed business decisions
- Identify and lead implementation of process and system enhancements to improve handoffs and execution across various teams; evolve the customer experience, and scale the business while balancing resources
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams in order to build a strong networking across these departments and with external resources to ensure compliance
- Provide support as needed on ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, business, economics, or finance
- 1+ year experience based abroad or working with operations outside of the United States
- 1+ year of experience with analytical skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications and/or Excel modeling)
- 1+ year of experience with SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated success working in an environment with competing priorities and aggressive schedules
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Ability to define and manage a project independently
- Experience with SQL and creating/managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, and/or Looker)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must be willingness to work extended hours and/or weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.