Receiving Specialist - 1st Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RECEIVING SPECIALIST - 1ST SHIFT
- Document production non-conformance occurrences in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Utilize and understand Warpdrive and other SpaceX system programs
- Receive all materials/packages and transact receipt in the ERP system, and process hold packages
- Create/print routing labels and other required identifiers for the receipt of material/packages
- File and maintain records of incoming paperwork
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers and quantity as required
- Interface with carriers, internal customers, purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Operate forklifts and powered industrial equipment per safety procedures
- Collaborate with various internal and external groups to coordinate return shipments
- Review stagnant inventory reports to ensure location accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a receiving role
- Strong people management skills and technical understanding to provide hands-on leadership
- Experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventative processes
- Experience operating a forklift and other related powered industrial equipment
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Experience with an ERP system
- Experience with scanning equipment (RF scanner, handheld scanner, etc.)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft suite
- Ability to work the following shift: Monday - Friday 9:30am to 8pm
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls and possible exposure to noise and dust
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 75% of shift time
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Receiving Specialist/Level 1: $20.00/hour
Receiving Specialist/Level 2: $22.00 - $26.00/hour
Receiving Specialist/Level 3: $24.50 - $28.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.