Barista - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BARISTA – TEMPORARY POSITION
The barista role is a team-oriented role for individuals who are familiar with basic customer service principles and have a firm understanding of all basic food and beverage safety principles. A barista should have the ability to identify and utilize food service equipment including but not limited to, manual espresso machines, drip coffee brewers, coffee bean grinders, frozen yogurt machines, and serving utensils. Daily tasks will be focused on supporting customer orders and inquiries, upkeep of food service spaces, as well as setting up and working a station at one of our various service outlets according to leadership’s specifications. The barista position supports the mission of SpaceX by providing quality customer service, a welcoming atmosphere, and accurate order fulfillment to help ensure our services boost morale and productivity across the company.
- Set up, work, and maintain a clean and safe workstation
- Complete daily tasks as delegated by management (maybe location specific)
- Communicate any and all relevant information to the supervisor
- Help the team meet time and quality standards set by the supervisor
- Actively participate in all health and safety procedures
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as espresso, latte, cappuccino, matcha, etc.
- Maintain inventories of assigned workspaces by replenishing coffee bean supply, stocking coffee brewing equipment, maintaining supplies, etc.
- Keep equipment operational by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes, maintaining & improving the appearance of workspaces according to the desired scenography
- Assist customers with purchase needs and inquiries
- Accurately take orders and ring them into the POS with minimal errors
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Follow written and verbal instructions efficiently and execute these instructions
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a food service environment that includes coffee and beverage services
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of customer service-related experience in a food service environment that includes coffee and beverage services
- Sound understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Possession of or willingness to obtain a food handler card
- Manual espresso machine experience
- High level of professionalism
- Experience in a corporate environment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook primarily)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn and take guidance from others
- A high degree of ethics and passion for providing superior customer service
- Superior leadership capabilities; ability to work well within groups
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work shifts during the hours of operation
- Ability to work across a 7 day/week roster, including afternoon/evening shifts when required
- Ability to work holidays as business requires
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.