Sheet Metal Technician (Metal Forming) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SHEET METAL TECHNICIAN (METAL FORMING) – 2ND SHIFT
- Prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom punch/die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom)
- Complex programming using all the features of a press brake (bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.)
- Read blueprint reading and geometric tolerances; determine how they relate to the finished part
- Work with flat pattern layouts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience working with precision equipment (scales, calipers, height gauges, micrometers, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with setup and operation of CNC and manual hydraulic press brakes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Programming and CNC knowledge
- Ability to meet daily/weekly production goals with critical time schedules
- Ability to read blueprints and complete basic shop math
- Experience with flat pattern layouts on sheet metal parts
- Ability to hold close tolerances on sheet metal parts per engineering drawings
- Experience with Amada style RG, HG, and HDS hydraulic press brakes
- This is a 2nd shift position: Mon-Fri (3:30pm-2:00am)
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sheet Metal Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Sheet Metal Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Sheet Metal Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.