Avionics Quality Inspector
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS QUALITY INSPECTOR
- Inspection of EEE components to internal and industry standards to determine part conformity using microscope and hand inspection tools
- Performs documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design requirements
- Approves or rejects items and documents based on inspection results as required
- Communicates with internal customers and suppliers to resolve inspection discrepancies, documentation issues, and packaging damage
- Uses electronic MRP system to document issues, route parts and components to proper departments
- Resolves nonconformance and documentation issues, supports Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assesses compliance to company and industry standards, and participates in continual improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Communicates and resolves roadblocks timely and accurately to ensure delivery and on-time receipt status
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of inspection experience in an aerospace, aviation, military or manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to identify component parts, such as resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, etc. including their value, part number, and polarity (if applicable)
- Familiarity with SAE AS6496 principles (or equivalent) and experience in inspecting/identifying counterfeit products
- Proficiency in the use of inspection tools (i.e., height gauges, calipers, and microscopes)
- Demonstrated ability to work from blueprints, drawings, engineering documents, and manufacturing instructions
- Must be able to determine hardware compliance through the use of specifications and instructions
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective & preventative processes
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to stand/walk for up to 75% of shift time
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, stoop, bend, crawl and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Good visual acuity, either with the unaided eye or vision correction
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Quality Inspector/Level 1: $22.00 - $29.00/hour
Quality Inspector/Level 2: $27.00 - $34.50/hour
Quality Inspector/Level 3: $32.00 - $40.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.