Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Starship Electronics)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (STARSHIP ELECTRONICS)
SpaceX is on a fast track to become the market leader in various product categories like US based human spaceflight, rapid vehicle reusability, internet services through the Starlink constellation and others exciting projects. The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on SpaceX’s technological and market changing successes, our Avionics team will be part of managing an agile and innovative, yet robust supply chain that enables a competitive advantage for the company. Avionics Supply Chain plays a key role in enabling SpaceX to meet these ambitious growth targets and greatly contribute in making us a multi-planetary species.
This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest and key developmental goals for our Avionics products. Working in close coordination with engineering and manufacturing departments, supply chain planners execute effective, creative, and smart supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory.
- Develop, lead, and execute sourcing strategies with consideration and results for end-to-end supply chain excellence through technical collaboration, product introduction, cost modeling, logistics, manufacturing, quality control, ordering/delivery, integration, and reusability
- Analyze risks (such as single sourced parts, rate volatility, spend, etc.) and develop & execute on mitigation plans
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives to meet or exceed cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Be an extreme owner for the success of NPI including through advanced material purchasing, DFM conversations & feedback, make vs. buy decisions, should cost modeling, etc.
- Provide guidance to internal customers on design for manufacturability and trade analysis for electronic components, onboarding requirements, and quality
- Issue purchase orders and ensure delivery to production plan
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Manage vendor relationships and grow the supply base as needed in alignment with the broader team sourcing strategy
- Prevent stockouts and, as issues arise, tackle them with a ferocious sense of urgency
- Support supplier visits and assess for capability to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Ensure compliance with all company policies & procedures and government regulations
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of active, passive, and electro-mechanical components
- Strong understanding of the semiconductor market, trends, technology leaders, and current pricing trends in the market
- Technical knowledge and skills in coding and computer applications, (e.g. MS Office Suite, VBA, Smartsheet, SQL, Confluence, JIRA, Power BI, etc.)
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to prioritize efforts to meet customer and company goals
- Experience reading technical drawings, data sheets, fabrication drawing, BOMs and all related PCBA and harness files
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external supplier relationships in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Holds self to highest ethical standards, and conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Must be able to travel - up to 30% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supply Chain Planner: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.