International Infrastructure Operations Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTERNATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
The Infrastructure Operations team is looking for an operations specialist (known internally as a sourcing specialist to grow and manage the world’s largest network of antenna ground stations. Starlink’s ground stations (or gateways) and satellite constellation are helping connect the unconnected around the world. As a Sourcing Specialist, you will be focused on managing the identification, build, and operations of Starlink’s gateways, and develop best practices for managing gateway sites at scale internationally. As our gateway footprint expands, you will be faced with challenges in supplier management, costs, speed to activation, and service/reliability. This role needs individuals who are creative, fast problem solvers, and ready to take on challenges outside of their comfort zone. Your goal is to creatively manage suppliers, reduce construction timelines, and work with site engineers to bring sites online quickly so that Starlink can provide reliable service to customers all around the world!
- Source and establish the regional and global supplier partnerships needed to acquire, build, expand, and successfully operate Starlink’s ground infrastructure
- Cultivate the regional business, cultural, technical, and regulatory expertise needed to assess and ensure the health and reliability of our current and future ground infrastructure
- Develop best practices, tools, and benchmarks that manage design, build, construction timelines, and construction costs for gateways at an international scale
- Work directly with cross-functional teams, including: Infrastructure, Reliability, Legal, Billing and Payments, Finance, and Design teams in order to identify areas for operational improvement, and quantify impact to business
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, operations, or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing an international supplier base or working internationally
- Self-starting, able to identify areas for improvement with minimal direction
- Experience in managing projects from beginning to end, especially construction projects
- Ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems and define operational processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Development experience in Python, C# or other object-oriented language
- Experience or interest in data analysis, data visualization, and/or financial analysis
- Demonstrates commitment to SpaceX’s goals of reusability, renewability, and sustainability
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Willingness to work long hours when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Specialist/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Sourcing Specialist/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.