Supervisor, SMT (Starlink) - 1st Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, SMT (STARLINK) – 1ST SHIFT
As a SMT Production Supervisor supporting the Starlink program, you will be responsible for leading others through the mass production of PCB and PCBA process. You’ll be an integral member of a diverse team in charge of team management, collaboration with manufacturing and design engineers, and driving the transition from initial prototyping to full-scale production.
- Coordinate and maintain production technicians’ schedules, production processes, safety, and area standards
- Lead, coach, and mentor Starlink technicians, including bi-annual reviews and managing corrective or disciplinary actions
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full rate production
- Collaborate with area leadership in order to prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals
- Drive continuous improvement, risk reduction, root-cause analysis, and investigations in your area
- Establish and analyze area metrics to drive
- Personnel training and development
- Optimization of product flow through the factory
- Efficiency improvement projects
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications
- Review and provide constructive feedback concerning manufacturability plans and technical data packages
- Independently perform hands-on assembly of satellite components and vehicle integration assembly when required
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing/testing environment or a bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or project
- Lean/Six Sigma green belt certification or equivalent
- Experience with lean manufacturing training, lean manufacturing principles, and efficiency methods
- Experience with harnessing, electro-mechanical assembly, and prototype development
- Experience monitoring, tracking, and continually improving total cost equation
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability proficiency including: Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Ability to read, interpret controlled documentation, and processes such as: cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD&T, assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), shop floor management software (ERP), and related programs
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- This is a 1st shift role working from 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Must be open to work all shifts, extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Supervisor, SMT: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.