SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Financial Analyst will be instrumental in the development, tracking, forecasting, reporting and accounting for all SpaceX projects. This is a key financial planning and analysis (FP&A) role with executive level visibility driving spend and contract profitability for all of our product lines, including Starlink, Starship, Falcon, and Dragon. The successful candidate will interface with all aspects of the company, including production, engineering, sales, program management, accounting, and executive management.
- Lead forecast of key performance indicators (KPIs), including spend and resource requirements for assigned business groups, such as headcount, capital, and operating expenses
- Forecast future unit costs with cross-functional teams and track progress in achieving cost reduction targets
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making, from new idea generation through to the implementation phase
- Perform a leading role on internal projects, working closely with peer organizations to understand key business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics
- Prepare and update capital expenditure and inventory cash forecasts
- Support product cost tracking and inventory analysis, including scrap, inventory obsolescence, and productivity efforts
- Develop and enhance tools to track revenue performance and incurred project costs on a monthly basis
- Provide insight on revenue, spending variances, and department level reporting to business partners
- Analyze and interpret financial data for use in management reviews
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting, finance, or business role (internship experience qualifies)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or engineering
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, applied business statistics, and general modeling experience of complex non-linear systems
- Experience in a manufacturing or technology environment
- Familiarity with reporting, visualization, intelligence, and analysis tools (SQL, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to regularly interface with executive management
- Experience with presenting analytical results in both verbal and written form across a multi-disciplinary organization
- Ability to frame unstructured and complex analytical problems to a broad audience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Financial Analyst Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Financial Analyst Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.