Instructional Designer - Temporary Position
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER – TEMPORARY POSITION
The SpaceX Operations Training team is looking for a motivated and energetic Instructional Designer who wants to put their skills to use accelerating humanities journey to Mars. This position will be working with subject matter experts throughout all areas of SpaceX requiring a driven individual who is always excited to learn and tackle new challenges.
- Create computer-based training modules
- Partner directly with subject matter experts to design and develop engaging content for a variety of audiences and delivery modes (online, classroom, etc.) with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Maintain and revise existing learning products, keeping specific audience, learning modality, and other learning considerations in mind while always looking for the most efficient way to express the desired learning objectives
- Serve as project manager on multiple product development projects simultaneously with the ability to stay within timelines and budgets and rapidly adjust to changing priorities
- Respond to learning help desk tickets using JIRA
- Manage user roles and permissions for Learning management system
- Serve as learning management system super administrator, providing technical support, solving SCORM/AICC problems
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- Role requires being onsite 100%, remote work will not be considered
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing training curriculum
- 2+ years of experience managing and administrating learning management systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing computer-based learning management systems
- Experience with design tools commonly used in a learning creation environment (MS PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Articulate Storyline, iSpring Studio & Camtasia Studio)
- Ability to create live video production, audio recording and voiceover
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in both written and oral formats
- Open collaborative style; ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Curiosity to understand the strategic priorities for SpaceX how learning and development can best address skill and knowledge gaps in the workforce
- Experience with CSS and basic website building/design
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the Los Angeles/Hawthorne, CA area
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Instructional Designer/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Instructional Designer/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.