Maintenance Specialist (Fluid Systems)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (FLUID SYSTEMS)
- Perform planned maintenance and unplanned repairs of production line assets that include CNC Tube Bending, Automated Cleaning, Orbital Tube Welding, TIG Welding, and Proof Testing Systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair hardware associated with production tooling and specialized equipment.
- Produce new and/or improve preventative maintenance plans. Identify and execute project-level changes to designs of equipment. Harvest information from existing repair maintenance tickets.
- Read and utilize schematics (mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic) to troubleshoot systems down to the component level.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to monitor equipment performance, diagnose root cause, and make reliability improvement recommendations.
- Use schematics, hand tools, electrical gauges and common test equipment for calibration, diagnosis and repair or maintenance of equipment.
- Communicate with suppliers, specify requirements, get quotations, and submit purchase requisitions to purchase necessary items.
- Maintain a stock of critical spares equipment to ensure high uptime of production lines.
- Collaborate with leadership and manufacturing engineers to maintain systems in peak operating condition, provide operational feedback, and promote continual improvement.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical, high pressure, or data systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience working as a maintenance technician.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports when necessary.
- Formal experience working in a fast-paced production environment with power generation, oil and gas, aerospace, automotive, or electronics production.
- Experience with heavy equipment or industrial operations and maintenance.
- Experience in maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting instrumentation, process controls, and data and control systems.
- Operational knowledge of process instrumentation (pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, load cells, flow meters, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of basic electrical theory and electrical troubleshooting (multi-meter fault finding; soldering/connecting; operation of various crimping tools).
- Experience with CMMS or ERP systems such as Maximo, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while maintaining a high sense of urgency in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Maintenance Specialist/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Maintenance Specialist/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
Maintenance Specialist/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.