Operations Engineer (Starlink Supply Chain)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (STARLINK SUPPLY CHAIN)
The Starlink Supply Chain team is focused on industrializing and modernizing high-volume satellite manufacturing. Our organization must identify, develop, and monitor domestic and international suppliers and their production processes. As an Operations Engineer within the Starlink program you will analyze, develop, and implement tactical and strategic business processes for the supply chain group to create high impact, efficient, economical solutions. Ideal team members are highly autonomous individuals that excel in flexible environments and bring clarity and informed decision-making to our leadership teams that drive the organization.
- Develop strategy and lead cross-functional effort to enable supply chain team to achieve annual operational targets
- Identify operational challenges within the organization, lead problem formulation, determine root cause, and develop creative and effective solutions
- Develop, standardize and continuously improve supply chain metrics
- Identify, monitor, and communicate trends to broader supply chain team
- Review and analyze gathered data to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and drive improvement for both supplier and internal processes
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization/continuous improvement projects
- Work with broader application software team to support supply chain tools development & supplier-facing portal enhancements
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to and influencing stakeholders
- Create reports and maintain regular reporting rhythms with supply chain leadership teams
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in operations, manufacturing and/or project management environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of SQL in business analysis, product management or ERP systems support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing & improving supplier quality and delivery outcomes
- 2+ years using SQL in a large enterprise database (ERP system) and Business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Ability to analyze data and check for accuracy/errors in dataset based on process and system knowledge
- Understanding of business concepts relating to Supply Chain Management (Procurement, Sourcing, Material Movement/Logistics, Supplier Quality, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience managing simultaneous projects with tight deadlines and navigating ambiguous problem statements
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others across organizational lines, internally and externally
- Experience with inventory, production, and capacity planning (including MRP/ERP systems)
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and related production principles
- Experience or education in management science and engineering, operations engineering, operations research, or industrial engineering
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team in a highly demanding and fast paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- Up to 25% travel to suppliers and/or other SpaceX locations
- This position is based in Redmond, WA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Operations Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Operations Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.