Production Supervisor (Dragon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (DRAGON)
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow. Maintain Smartsheet updates on completion dates for all hardware deliveries.
- Resolve material review board issues.
- Lead and manage a staff of ~20 technicians including all performance management related tasks.
- Coordinate with engineering and other departments to minimize production interruptions.
- Review work instructions and make change recommendations when needed.
- Identify training needs and developing training programs.
- Provide required data and reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff.
- Accomplish production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods.
- Develop and implement cost reductions processes and efficiency improvement measures.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Ensure area compliance to AS9100 standards (or similar customer requirements).
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing/testing environment.
- 1+ years of experience leading a team.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience running kaizen events, and coaching team initiatives.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability, and failure mode effects analysis.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
- Familiarity with using balanced scorecards and data-driven decision-making to drive actions and behaviors.
- Safety training and/or safety certifications.
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.