Starlink Production Associate - Temporary Position
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STARLINK PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE – TEMPORARY POSITION
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation, is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for talented production associates/assemblers to help establish new manufacturing and test processes and eventually ramp to full-scale production for the user terminal (a high volume manufactured product that consumers will have in their homes).
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Support the development of prototype manufacturing and test capabilities
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of user terminal components, subassemblies, and final assembly according to instructions
- Operate light equipment such as drills, custom build tooling, crimpers, presses
- Program, load, operate, and troubleshoot automated equipment
- Execute equipment maintenance and calibration schedules
- Package final products for delivery
- Maintain consumables inventory
- Assist engineers with development builds and other tasks
- Help develop and optimize production line stations and processes
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained workspace
- Ensure product quality and conformance to design requirements
- Put safety as number one priority
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 2nd Shift (estimated start time is 3:30 pm)
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of mechanical or electrical assembly experience
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, and controlled documentation such as: layout drawings, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures/work instructions; schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Able to proficiently use a PC, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing company, a precision manufacturing company, or high volume manufacturing company
- Experience with electrical wiring
- Electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments
- Able to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift: 5 am; 2nd shift: 3:30 pm
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starlink Production Associate/Level 1: $20.00/hour
- Starlink Production Associate/Level 2: $22.00 - $26.00/hour
- Starlink Production Associate/Level 3: $24.50 - $28.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.