Manager, Starship Supply Chain
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, STARSHIP SUPPLY CHAIN
We are seeking a highly motivated and achievement-oriented leader to own all elements of Planning, Sourcing and Supply Chain engineering for our Starship Supply Chain. This position plays a critical role in enabling the development and manufacturing of a highly reliable and cost-effective Starship vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leading medium to large teams, managing complex operations, and fostering productive working relationships across the company.
- Understand the needs of the business; execute strategies, manage to metrics, and monitor performance goals to guide the organization in the direction needed.
- Ensure accurate systems signals, including accuracy of demand signals (so that they match program rate), BOMs, up- and down-stream lead times, etc.
- Hire and lead a high performing team with development plans and recurring 1-on-1’s.
- Manage vendor relationships and grow the supply base as needed in alignment with the broader team sourcing strategy.
- Manage spend portfolio and supply base, negotiate supplier capacity, create engagement strategies, and drive continuous improvement.
- Operate in strong partnership to Production, Engineering, and across the company such that production plan and development milestones are consistently achieved.
- Champion value-add and value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce waste/cost.
- Assemble cross functional teams, and champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality, and delivery.
- Foster a spirit of collaboration within and between departments while adapting to priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Think creatively; question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or science.
- 4+ years of experience in production, engineering, or supply chain management.
- 2+ years of experience in managing/leading a team which includes people leaders.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Organized and self-driven; capable of working independently with little direction.
- Expert level knowledge in one or more commodities within the teams’ scope.
- Demonstrated record of thinking big, aligning teams and organizations behind a goal, and executing with sustained results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and multiple levels of management.
- Demonstrated success of transformational leadership.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Position requires long hours and some nights and weekends when required to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supply Chain Engineering/Manager: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.