CMM Programmer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CMM PROGRAMMER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. SpaceX demands a new type of supply chain to support Starlink Product. We require our suppliers to provide premium quality with rapidly evolving designs at increasingly ambitious volumes.
- Select and utilize standard gauges to ensure quality
- Inspect feature tolerances by selecting the tool with the required accuracy
- Set up Romer ARM or CMM to achieve the desired inspection
- Identify engineering and design GD&T issues and errors creating ambiguity in the manufacturing and inspection process
- Work with team to apply process improvement
- Work to identify improvement by building awareness to quality policies and procedures in support with goals
- Understand GD&T requirements as applied to the engineering drawing and drawing notes
- Spot interpretation issues as applied to dimensions written or evaluation to requirements
- Help others around them to exceed the expectations of their job
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years’ CMM programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CMM experience, including programming on multi-sensing CMMs (vision, laser, touch probe, etc.)
- Ability to assist with designing/developing quality gauging to improve efficiencies
- Understands and adheres to ISO 9001
- Able to read and understand all drawing criteria, GD&T, notes and tolerances.
- Experience with set-up of CMM or Romer Arm
- Knows when and what tool is required to complete the job at hand
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Able to perform repetitive movement, lift, stand, climb, bend, grasp, sit, pull, push, stoop, stretch, crawl, maneuver in tight spaces, and carry are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime hours and/or weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CMM Programmer/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
CMM Programmer/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
CMM Programmer/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.