Construction Project Manager (Facilities Engineering)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER (FACILITIES ENGINEERING)
This role is responsible for planning and execution of new facility construction projects, renovation projects and strategic planning of office and production spaces at our Launch Sites. You will work with facility engineers, designers, facilities and maintenance team, vendors and internal partners/customers to support these goals. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change and own projects from start to finish, with the goal of making the SpaceX campus a world-class manufacturing facility.
- Manage, coordinate, and be a liaison to facilities projects, including construction and maintenance operations at the SpaceX Cape Canaveral launch facilities
- Coordinate facilities projects to ensure vendors meet SpaceX and any applicable standards (NASA, Space Force and/or applicable Codes) while delivering promised services, materials, and craftsmanship. Facilitate city, county, and governmental approvals
- Work with urgency to ensure minimal interruption to launch operations
- Improve process planning by which construction projects are formulated, priced, approved, executed and reviewed – full lifecycle improvements with the goal of providing on-time and under budget delivery with customer satisfaction
- Manage tools and folder systems relating to the organization of our renovation projects
- Develop project scopes, budgets, schedules and request for proposal (RFP) documents for vendors
- Gather proposals from architects, engineers and contractors; assign contracts upon receipt of all proposals
- Develop the final cost and schedule for the project, and implement controls as needed to manage cost, schedule and scope during life of project
- Coordinate project implementation and track project status, including any associated permit/ inspection work
- Work with the end user and partners in order to operationalize the post-construction building operations and maintenance functions
- Ensure Maintenance plans are set up for any new equipment post construction
- Take on new projects ad-hoc as the business needs
- Review and manage project request tickets; create work orders when needed and manage to completion
- Reconcile facility documentation after any improvement is completed to maintain accurate facility documents
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, or an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in architecture, engineering, construction management, or facilities management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite tools, project management software and PDF editor software such as Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat
- 2+ years of professional experience with facility design software and tools (ex. Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, BIM 360, Navisworks)
- 1+ years of professional experience with strategic facilities planning experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with manufacturing facility experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with construction cost estimates
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and calculations; ability to mark up and highlight coordination items
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments- heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends
- A valid driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Construction Project Manager/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Construction Project Manager/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.