Growth Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GROWTH MANAGER, SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA (STARLINK)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. We are committed to offering access to high-speed internet to customers worldwide and to providing a world-class experience of Starlink for all users. You will join the Growth team that is responsible for launching, growing, and improving Starlink throughout the region. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the team located at our Hawthorne, CA headquarters.
You will be accountable for Starlink's growth and success in the region, identifying and removing barriers to growth, championing user experience, and driving initiatives to accelerate adoption.
- Own growth of active consumer subscriber base in the region, identifying blockers and prioritizing levers for growth
- Set vision, develop strategy, and manage a budget around consumer growth initiatives strategies, and tactics to meet company goals in the region
- Deeply understand the customer experience in the country, elevating insights to drive localized improvements
- Develop dashboards to track progress, drive improvements to growth and operational metrics, work with the operations team to create forecasts, and communicate to the broader Starlink team and Senior Leadership
- Engage with local partners to drive efforts catered to the market, understand what's working and what's not, and drive continuous improvement
- Champion key strategic consumer-focused projects end-to-end by collaborating and working cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in consulting or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Excel and SQL
- 2+ years of experience in leading interdisciplinary projects
- Current residency and work authorization in Africa
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics disciplines
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in go-to-market, growth, international operations, consulting, software, internet, and/or media industries, or early-stage companies
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional stakeholder management and leadership through influence
- Distinctive project management, problem-solving, and analysis skills, combined with business judgment and top communication skills
- Experience working in broadband internet or other consumer product industries
- Master's degree in management, engineering, or supply chain
- We will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Kenya
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time
- SpaceX does not yet have regional offices in all regions of the world. Depending on the candidate identified, this role may not work from a SpaceX office
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.