Small Business Liaison Officer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SMALL BUSINESS LIAISON OFFICER
This position will support all SpaceX programs and requires a combination of proven leadership and technical capabilities. This is a highly technical position that requires practical experience in process engineering and new product development through to stabilized production for the metallurgical components and assemblies used in rockets and rocket engines. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of relevant alloys and product forms with the desire and capability to take on new challenges in unfamiliar areas to help enable our mission to Mars.
- Act as the extreme owner of all SpaceX related Small Business programs, events, reporting and compliance
- Work directly with management to address all aspects of supply chain, including procurement, commodity business plans, market trend assessment, compliance to FAR requirements and ultimately to achieve Small Business
- Support contractual proposal activities relative to Small Business across SpaceX to meet program needs and requirements
- Prepare and issue moderate to high complexity reporting to the government
- Develop systems and processes using SQL language that will enable the company to report high fidelity numbers that reflect SpaceX’s performance achieving Small Business goals
- Own the SpaceX Small Business policy and procedure for all product lines; lead trainings to familiarize all employees with the companies targets and goals
- Organize and attend outreach events within the USA, and engage with Small Businesses
- Build a Small Business Mentor-Protégée program that adds value to both SpaceX and Small Businesses
- Approve prime contractor reports on their Small Business goals and targets
- Lead Small Business audits and drive root cause and corrective actions on discovered non-compliance
- Work with internal and government reporting systems to adequately report and document SpaceX’s performance against Small Business targets
- Drive projects, procedural updates to ensure that the procurement team will meet Small Business goals
- Act as liaison between supply chain, mission management, finance, legal and Government Agencies to build positive relationships
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, and courage
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction by collaborating with teams, leading projects and continuously driving improvement in supply chain
- Advanced degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 10+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of SQL programming experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Business Administration, and/or a related field
- Fully proficient knowledge of procurement practices and principles, including quality processes, counterfeit parts, and other compliance requirements such as federal, state, Federal Acquisition Requirements/DFAR, and local laws
- Experience in using Excel, SQL and PowerBI
- Experience reporting and audit requirements associated with small business regulations
Knowledge of supply chain management processes, contract negotiation, FAR requirements, financial reporting, government systems (eSRS, SAM, NAICS)
- Highly-collaborative team player with impeccable attention to detail and strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively while managing multiple critical priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, loosely-structured environment
- Ability to develop and provide training and communication regarding small business goals and initiatives
- Ability to interface with public and government agencies and be responsive to both government and internal customers relative to small business activity
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills with a bias for speed without sacrificing compliance
Proficient in MS Office applications and report writing
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others; strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management
- Must be able to travel - up to 30 - 60% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Valid driver’s license mandatory
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Small Business Liaison Officer: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.