Paid Digital Media Lead (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PAID DIGITAL MEDIA LEAD (STARLINK)
Engineered and operated by SpaceX, Starlink delivers high-speed, low-latency internet to users all over the world. The Paid Digital Media Lead will be responsible for active day-to-day management of global paid media campaigns for Starlink’s business-to-consumer and business-to-business products. This will include the development of campaign strategies, initial campaign setup, ongoing optimizations, creative and copy development, and delivering performance reporting. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level with a desire to drive efficient campaign results through the use of data analysis and testing while collaborating with a team of stakeholders across marketing, product, and finance.
- Drive and optimize global paid media campaigns based on CAC and LTV, through various digital marketing channels, including search, social, display, and videos
- Own campaign management from end to end – manage audience targeting and segmentation, keyword research, competitive analysis, messaging, creative, measurement, and reporting
- Drive creative asset ideation, and optimization with our internal creative team and creative agency
- Develop experimentation roadmap to improve performance and uncover new opportunities, including running structured A/B testing and channel lift testing to determine the incrementality of digital media strategies and channels
- Monitor campaign performance and pacing against business goals, develop performance reporting, ad hoc analysis, and campaign recommendations to drive incremental growth
- Establish channel forecasts and budget recommendations to adjust campaign strategies based on learnings and opportunities
- Maintain relationship with digital ad platforms and third-party vendor
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in performance media, paid social, and paid search in e-commerce or verticals with performance/direct response objectives
- 3+ years of experience with targeting/optimization levers and testing approaches across ad platforms
- 3+ years of experience with performance-based media optimization, marketing attribution, and alternative measurement methodologies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, e-commerce, or a related field
- 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience managing media buying, optimization, and strategic planning either at an agency or in-house
- Experience with analytics platforms like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills; must be very comfortable with data analysis and able to use data to make decisions
- Experience with user-based or geographic lift testing, structured A/B or multivariate ad copy, and/or landing page testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills while addressing various stakeholders across creative, content, marketing, product, and finance teams
- The ideal candidate should be able to present business cases, document models, analyses, and results to influence important decisions
- Ability to embrace rapid iterations rooted in a culture that sets demanding goals and moves extremely fast
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Paid Digital Media Lead: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.