Sr. Sourcing Specialist, Construction & Industrial Supplies
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOURCING SPECIALIST, CONSTRUCTION AND INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES
We are a progressive procurement organization pushing the boundaries of traditional procurement reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think outside the box to achieve company objectives regarding value and partnerships with our suppliers. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. SpaceX has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and delivery. This individual will support non-flight and indirect purchases and construction projects for the Texas Test organization.
- Work directly with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support machinery & equipment, facilities, consumables, capital and construction projects
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk and meet targets for the purchasing department for payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Negotiate and manage contracts from RFP through completion to ensure performance of the supplier meets contract obligations, and understand interrelationships between contracts and terms
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning and coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and providing project updates
- Oversee advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and supplier performance
- Perform business process analysis, and develop models to improve cost
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis
- Place purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices
- Coordinate with planning department to identify opportunities to move materials from one-off orders to planned delivery schedules
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Construction or facilities management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree
- Experience in industrial engineering, construction management, and/or facilities management
- Construction cost estimate experience
- Experience conducting rent vs. buy analysis for vehicles and heavy equipment
- Budget tracking and cost analysis skills
- Contract negotiation and document management skills
- Problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Technical skills in current technologies and applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, SQL, PowerBI, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate outside of work hours
- Must be able to travel - up to 20% work week travel may be required
- This position is based in McGregor, TX and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long- term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.