Production Coordinator (Composites) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (COMPOSITES) - 2ND SHIFT
The production coordinator is a linchpin role within SpaceX’s manufacturing and production teams. Production Coordinators work in support of all production leadership staff to ensure the on time delivery of components and assemblies.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the production flow to ensure timely delivery to the next production location
- Coordinate physical movement of parts through receiving inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Analyze available data and develop metrics as required to drive optimal results
- Work with production personnel to ensure metric goals are understood
- Update and utilize target management system to drive results as applicable
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership weekly
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates as required
- Support management of material certifications as required; prevent use of un-certified materials
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics driven action requirements are completed
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work as required
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database as required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience supporting administrative processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products
- 1+ years of Inventory experience and experience organizing files and documents
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Nominal hours - 2nd shift: 3:30 PM – 2 AM
- Able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Coordinator/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.