Integration Technician (Fairings Integration) - Multiple Shifts
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (FAIRINGS INTEGRATION) - MULTIPLE SHIFTS
- Provide daily support to fairing team on both new production and flight-proven fairings
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Install spacecraft hardware in a highly detailed and quality manner which includes:
- Removal, repair and installation of harnessing
- Removal, repair and installation of thermal protective fairing skin
- Removal and installation of avionics boxes
- Removal and installation of propulsion fluid systems
- Work on the cutting edge of reusable rocket technology as you develop methods for rapid and reliable processing and reuse of fairings recovered from the edge of space
- Execute procedures for the checkout of SpaceX flight hardware and ground support equipment
- Quickly become an expert at using various mechanical tools without instruction
- Maintain and install fluid system components from a schematic or drawing including parachutes, pistons, ball and check valves, pressure regulators and gauges, etc.
- Provide support as needed to the following efforts: operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; Starlink satellite integration, fairing refurbishment and reuse, new production fairing processing and customer payload integration
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to ensure systems and mechanical equipment is refurbished with the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of our multi-million dollar launch vehicle
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of hands on experience in assembly, test, maintenance, repair and/or installation, OR a certificate from an accredited trade skills program
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study
- Proficiency in or hands-on experience with one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Professional experience interpreting technical data
- Experience working with composites
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices
- Experience working at a rocket launch or manufacturing facility
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex fluid and mechanical systems
- Military aviation experience as a propulsion or airframe technician
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Experience with forklifts and overhead cranes
- Familiarity with calibrated measurement devices including load cells, multimeters, calipers, torque wrenches, depth gauges, and micrometers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to pass Space Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work one of the following shifts:
- Day Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 4:30pm
- Night Shift: Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 2:30am
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 10%) to other work sites as necessary
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet feet), including the use of ladders
- Ability to operate heavy machinery
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, ice
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.