MEP Project Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MEP PROJECT MANAGER
As a member of the construction projects team you will work with a group of elite engineers and specialists across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure for a variety of projects at the Starlink Production Facility as well as other SpaceX Facilities. This role is responsible for the design, build, and activation of infrastructure, facilities improvements and large capital projects. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change in a fast-paced and low-drag environment. This includes owning tasks/projects from start to finish, with the goal of creating a world-class facility that can support the mission of connecting people across the globe and enabling life beyond Earth. This position is based in Bastrop, Texas (Austin, TX Area).
- Lead the project team, consulting engineers and contractors throughout the entirety of the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning process associated with MEP projects and tasks
- Collaboration in multi-discipline projects to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors, and facility owners
- Perform MEP design and analysis calculations as needed to support project completion
- Write, negotiate, and manage construction contracts with subcontractors across multiple disciplines through contract close-out
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical, and plumbing equipment requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team
- Perform construction administration tasks such as RFI's, submittals, and field observations
- Resolve design and construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Be personally accountable for the quality and accuracy of work
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction science or architecture
- 5+ years of professional experience in construction or engineering field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong ability to use data and analysis to make fast data-driven decisions.
- Ability to perform trade studies and make clear recommendations using first principles and engineering fundamentals even with partial information. Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Experience working at a nimble engineering organization or in a highly technical position that required a scrappy, entrepreneurial manner to accomplish tasks with tight time or budget constraints
- Experience building hardware or have a passion for contributing to a work product that operates in the real world
- Succeeded in multiple endeavors at once. Maybe you worked through college, were a student athlete, or demonstrated strong work or academic performance in multiple fields
- Demonstrated rapid growth. You’ve held successive positions of increasing responsibility within an organization, were able to get yourself up to speed at a heroic pace, and accomplished something meaningfully difficult early in your career
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, or similar design software
- Knowledge of processes of governing permitting agencies such as building departments and/or environmental agencies
- This position is based in Bastrop, Texas (Austin, TX Area) and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
- Ability to work at elevated heights (200+ feet)
- Physical effort with lifting and carrying materials or equipment (up to 25 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed based on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional travel may be required to support projects at other sites
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
MEP Project Manager/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
MEP Project Manager/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.