Flight Hardware Logistics Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FLIGHT HARDWARE LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN
- Responsible for booster and associated ground support equipment (GSE) movement across Vandenberg launch site
- Responsible for the proof loading of all assets across multiple launch sites
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of shipping fixtures and GSE
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to ensure systems and equipment are maintained with the highest level of quality to support current and future manifest
- Utilize heavy machinery (forklift, telescopic, overhead crane) to lift and move flight hardware and associated GSE after delivery and prior to shipping
- Evaluate in-transit risks and provide on-site solutions to alleviate risk. Including: routing, repairs, escorts, and drivers – includes physical escorts across launch sites
- Pack up and organize cross country shipping fixtures and associated hardware for return to respective shipping site
- Organize, procure and maintain tools needed to offload and pack up flight hardware
- Develop, document, and coordinate work instructions with management team to ensure efficient packaging of flight hardware and equipment is maintained
- Perform route surveys prior to scheduled flight hardware moves
- Make recommendations to logistics management to improve the health, timing, and safety of all movements
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Core traits that empower this success are strong written and oral communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, an emphasis on safety, cleanliness, adherence to corporate policies and standards, and the ability to work with a team
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of professional experience interpreting technical data and using manual and powered tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task, detail oriented while also working within time constraints and deadlines
- Commercial driver’s license A or B
- Excels at operating in an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment (schedules fluctuate often)
- Active problem solver
- Experienced heavy machinery operator such as forklifts and overhead cranes
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study
- Experience within aerospace or automotive production
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex fluid and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with calibrated measurement devices including load cells, multimeters, calipers, torque wrenches, depth gauges, and micrometers
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to work the following shift, overtime, and weekends as needed: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 6:00pm
- Able to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet), including the use of ladder
- Willing to operate heavy machinery
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, ice
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Flight Hardware Logistics Technician/Level 1: $22.00 - $27.00/hour
Flight Hardware Logistics Technician/Level 2: $25.25 - $32.00/hour
Flight Hardware Logistics Technician/Level 3: $29.75 - $38.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.