Principal Software Engineer, RF Silicon ATE (Silicon Engineering)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RF SILICON ATE (SILICON ENGINEERING)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to millions of users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact and are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
We are seeking motivated, proactive, and intellectually curious engineers who will work alongside world-class cross-disciplinary teams (systems architecture, ASIC design, firmware, pre-silicon verification, post-silicon validation, product engineering, manufacturing/production, and more). In this role, you will be expanding the Starlink silicon effort by creating the next-generation ATE infrastructure from the ground up. The chips tested and produced using this infrastructure will enable connectivity in places it has previously not been available, affordable or reliable. Your efforts will help deliver solutions that will expand the performance and capabilities of the Starlink network.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, maintain, and support the software infrastructure necessary to operate high-volume ATE testers for high-volume semiconductor manufacturing, including diagnostics, test programs, result analysis, traceability, and alerts
- Create automated software pipelines to convert input artifacts and output measurement data between proprietary formats and internal databases
- Participate in probe head and probe card design for wafer probers, and load board designs for packaged part handlers
- Support in-house semiconductor packaging efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or computer science
- 10+ years of professional development experience in Java, C/C++, or Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with DFT concepts and flows, including ATPG and MBIST
- Proficiency collecting, storing, and analyzing high-volume manufacturing data using JMP, python or relational databases
- Familiarity with high-volume manufacturing concepts such as Gage R&R, process capability, and other statistical methods
- Strong fundamental knowledge of analog and digital electronics, RF communications, semiconductor physics, and statistics
- Familiarity with instrumentation, test automation, and other hands-on lab measurements and characterization
- Familiarity with embedded software development in C/C++
- Experience with configuration management and version control software
- Familiarity using Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working in and around semiconductor cleanrooms
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed to meet critical milestones
- Must be willing to travel if needed to other U.S. sites and/or internationally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
RF Software Engineer/Principal: $200,000.00 - $270,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.