Sr. Network Security Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented network security engineer to join our Starlink Network Engineering team to help build, secure and operate a network with global scale. You will be part of a team with significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world.
- Develop and implement network security tools.
- Produce Threat Models and assess Risk around existing configurations.
- Provide subject matter expertise on network security, firewalls and industry best practices.
- Manage firewall configurations within the Starlink network based on operational requirements.
- Analyze and proactively come up with creative network solutions for operational needs that present security challenges.
- Documenting and formalizing security processes.
- Manage and maintain network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks.
- Work with other Starlink teams to determine functional needs, develop secure architectures, and communicate security best practices and policies.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study and 4+ years of network security experience; or 6+ years of network security experience without a degree.
- Experience securing networks, IT infrastructure, applications, endpoints, and/or APIs.
- Experience hardening Windows, MacOS, and/or Linux operating systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Network IDS/IPS Solutions
- Network monitoring solutions
- Switch/Router ACLs
- Strong authentication methods
- Network Access Control solutions
- IPSec and TLS based VPNs
- Web Application Firewalls
- Email Security
- Logging and alerting with SIEMs
- Physical Security
- Python programming and automation ability.
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI Model.
- Experience testing and implementing changes in a production environment.
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Network Security Engineer/Level 3: $160,000.00 - $220,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.