Warehouse Manager (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (STARLINK)
This role is a key leadership position within the Starlink Operations organization, with responsibility for Materials Management at our greater Austin area facility. Our goal is to become a leader in materials management with a focus on excellent customer service, super-fast response times, in a high volume, fast throughput system that demands high inventory accuracy. This role will be responsible for leading both the day-to-day materials management operations, while also driving the necessary strategic projects and process improvements to take the organization to the next level and respond to the evolving needs of the business.
- Responsible for 24/7 operations including, but not limited to: shipping & receiving, inventory management, material handling, delivery systems, production support
- Safety – Monitor and improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment with the goal of zero OSHA recordable by conducting regular safety walkthroughs, address safety issues, and promote safety policies
- Strategy – Understand the needs of the business and develop strategy, business metrics, and goals to guide the organization in the direction needed
- Leadership – Lead a multi-level deep organization, consisting of both hourly and salary individuals: assess employee performance, provide positive/constructive feedback, facilitate conflict resolution, and address repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans, or through disciplinary means
- Role Model – Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results
- Process Improvement – Drive the projects and changes needed to ensure the Materials Management team is able to meet the goals of the factory
- Cost – Lead cost saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions and optimization opportunities
- Customer Support – Manage operations that provide industry leading levels of customer support in all operations: recognizing the needs of the business and adapting to support our mission
- Adaptability – As SpaceX continues to innovate and pave the way for future development, this manager needs to be able to adapt their business to the ever-changing needs of the organization
- Mentorship – Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards; work to develop ways and methods to motivate team members to go above and beyond the status quo
- Perform administrative duties, including but not limited to, approving timecards, scheduling workforce to support operations, establishing employee goals, periodic reviews, one-on-one mentoring, and training of direct reports
- Advanced degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 8+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Materials Management
- Supply Chain
- 2+ years of direct leadership/management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or other technical discipline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/cross-functional environment while maintaining on-time project completion, deal with a wide variety of challenges, and work with a diverse array of contacts
- Lean/6-sigma experience (green/black belt certifications)
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Capable of adapting to abrupt changes in strategy
- Experience working in a high-volume production environment
- Previous experience with capital planning and capital management
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Computer Skills - Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project), SQL, and PowerBI
- Must be willing to work flexible and/or extended hours to meet the needs of the role
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to travel for business trips as needed up to 10% on an ongoing basis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Materials Management/Manager: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.