Full Stack Software Engineer (Starlink Operations)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK OPERATIONS)
The Starlink Operations team is responsible for enabling efficient production of Starlink satellites and ground stations. We are seeking a full-stack software engineer to develop tools to support Starlink’s supply chain, production, and design teams.
You will own software applications throughout their entire life cycle. You will be responsible for understanding problem statements described by cross-discipline SpaceX teams and then identifying and developing solutions to address their needs. Your work will be instrumental in scaling the Starlink business so we can fulfill our goal of connecting the unconnected.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here. We are looking for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on our mission.
Design, develop, and continuously improve software solutions to support Starlink supply chain, production, and design teams.
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as responsible engineer for various software platform systems
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Work directly with customers to deep dive into their problems and find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Balance management of technical debt for owned systems with strategic project execution
- Collaborate across disciplines to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 1+ years of experience building software; OR 3+ years of professional experience building software in lieu of a degree
- Experience with an object oriented language (C#, Java, or other)
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other)
- Experience with version control software (git, svn)
- Experience writing automated tests
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment both independently and with a team
- Experience developing a full-stack, production-quality application
- Experience with frontend web frameworks (Angular, React, or other)
- Experience designing intuitive interfaces for end users
- Experience working in a supply chain, operations, or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with containerization & orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience debugging & improving legacy code
- History of questioning requirements and implementing minimal, effective solutions
- Comfortable with command line interface and Linux operating systems
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Software Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Software Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.