SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Lead, coordinate, and supervise the team responsible for launch facilities operations; dedicated to ensure zero unplanned interruption in services to the employees and customers
- Supervise multiple crafts and contractors to coordinate and execute the maintenance, repair and installation of all launch and mission support related buildings, HVAC equipment, high power electrical systems, fire protection, water and plumbing infrastructure, corrosion control, and grounds
- Develop cost improvement plans and energy reduction programs for overall site sustainability
- Supervise and direct all construction projects performed at the facility to ensure that the work is completed to SpaceX standards with minimal interruption to launch operations
- Oversee facilities renovation projects including all mechanical, structural, HVAC, electrical, and water systems to ensure vendors meet SpaceX standards while delivering promised services, materials, and craftsmanship
- Ensure all preventive and predictive maintenance is completed on equipment like emergency generators, UPS systems, electrical power distribution centers, and HVAC equipment
- Provide/lead on-call 24/7 support at all times including critical launch related activities
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years of professional experience in facilities and mechanical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with maintenance management methodologies such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Knowledge and understanding of building management and automated facilities monitoring systems and processes including: HVAC systems, fluid plumbing systems, high-power electrical systems, telecommunications infrastructure, fire suppression systems, generators, above and underground fuel storage systems, and other facility and grounds requirements
- Organized, self-driven, and capable of working independently with little direction preferred
- Experience working with military and government agencies
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment; keep projects on time, deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and work with a diverse array of contacts
- Knowledge in eliminating failures through preventive maintenance and root cause analysis is highly preferred
- Ability to direct both facilities related projects and provide hands-on mechanical and electrical support
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call support in emergency situations
- Willing and able to work weekends and non-standard work-week hours preferred
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic direction
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 50 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HVAC Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/ per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.