Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) - Top Secret Clearance
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY MANAGER (ISSM) – TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
SpaceX is looking for an experienced information security professional with a broad technical knowledge of information technology and a proven track-record of managing the deployment, assessment, and accreditation of information systems in secure environments. This employee will be a member of the National Security Programs team and will have primary responsibility for ensuring the build-out, functional status, and maintenance of an information assurance program for multiple classified systems. The ideal candidate will flourish in a demanding and challenging environment with little direct guidance with a high degree of responsibility and accountability. They should be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess impeccable integrity to excel at this position. Innovation and creative problem solving skills are critical in order to drive improvements for traditionally rigid and less progressive sector.
- Plan and execute the build-out of information systems against government requirements and regulations, including NIST 800-53 and derivatives. Build analyses of these requirements/regulations against novel systems and technologies at SpaceX by identifying gaps, building plans to work them, and ultimately closing the gaps.
- Be the subject matter expert on government accreditation processes in classified spaces for a growing number of programs; understand and communicate opportunities for efficiency as well as nuances where programs require dedicated resources.
- Be the go-to person for answering questions on process, timeline, and status of classified assets.
- Write policy, procedure, and standards on the proper secure deployment and maintenance of information technology systems for internal system management and technical guidance.
- Build and maintain relationships with government customers to keep open lines of communication as systems are built-out and accredited. Respond to requests for information in a thorough and timely manner.
- “Roll up your sleeves” to build out and deploy systems and applications in support of programs as necessary. Provide technical expertise on the function and utilization of these components.
- Report out to internal business owners and executive sponsors on status and timelines – both periodically and as independently requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, mathematics, physics, or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience serving as an ISSO or ISSM.
- CISSP or other DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification in the Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III category.
- Active Top Secret, Top Secret SCI, or DOE Level Q clearance.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of professional experience in technical roles such as an Information Security Engineer or IT Administrator.
- Knowledge of EM Security and TEMPEST standards.
- Understanding of ICD-503, Risk Management, Certification, and Accreditation processes.
- Experience with GRC tools and technologies such as XACTA.
- In-depth knowledge of computer networking, Windows systems management, and Linux systems management.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality.
- An active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Range: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.