SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CANDIDATE SPECIALIST (RECRUITING)
As a Candidate Specialist at SpaceX, you will serve as the initial step in the recruiting process. In this role, you will actively review, evaluate, and screen inbound applications in concentrated areas (e.g. mechanical engineering). In addition, you will act as the first point of contact and host candidates who are brought onsite, including providing tours of the facility and telling the SpaceX story. As your role evolves, you will serve in identifying passive talent for high-priority requisitions and augment initial outreach to prospective candidates. The Candidate Specialist will be responsible for driving forward program management efforts to improve the efficiency of hiring in their concentrated area.
- Provide tours of the facility and provide a history and overview of SpaceX
- Manage onsite interview logistics, coordinating between recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and the hiring team
- Learn about our business to the extent that enables you to speak intelligently about our programs with candidates and client groups
- Ensure that all candidates have a positive experience while interviewing with SpaceX
- Review inbound applications for select roles and when appropriate, identify and build talent pools of prospective candidates for Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- Partner with recruiters to align on the ideal candidate profile
- Share relevant applicants with the corresponding hiring teams
- Drive forward program management to measure and track the increased efficiency of hiring for the scope/core area of focus for the Candidate Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in recruiting or human resources
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience as a recruiting coordinator, applicant reviewer, or in a sourcing capacity
- Experience with Greenhouse or other applicant tracking system
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Capacity to learn and speak intelligently about our business and the space industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- This role is 100% onsite and is not eligible for remote or hybrid work. Relocation will be required if not already local to the area
- Wiling to work weekends and extended hours as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Candidate Specialist: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.