Global Supply Manager (Sensors & Instrumentation)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER (SENSORS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Develop and execute global supply agreements and sourcing strategies for various products including Instrumentation, Sensors, PCB, PCBA, and machining used in launch vehicle avionics systems and related hardware products
- Conduct comprehensive global supply agreements and supply base analysis to formulate a sourcing plan that includes strategic direction, technology roadmaps, price trends, market and industry position, and risk assessment
- Create engagement strategies and framework for various logistic and inventory models, ODM, OEM, and JDM to meet business requirements
- Manage purchase orders and follow through the project milestones for on-time delivery and quality conformance
- Survey supplier facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment in support of new product development, production, product warranty and repair services
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Negotiate global competitive sourcing programs and source alternative suppliers for all materials, components, and manufacturing services related to launch vehicle avionics systems including mitigation of sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Collaboratively work with engineering and supply chain teams on sourcing strategies, supplier roadmaps, market analysis, conducting design and cost trade-off analysis review
- Drive internal and external continuous process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Ensure electronics manufacturers are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material and test plan for clean to build (CTB)
- Work with supply chain planning teams to translate demand forecast into a monthly master production plan, schedule and 12 months rolling forecast
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope, terms, including responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property, warranty, and export compliance
- Prepare, issue, and analyze RFx packages for one-time and ongoing project requirements
- Communicate and prepare value propositions associated with proposals to SpaceX executives (i.e. award preparation, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and all critical supply issues)
- Implement analytical data management tools to manage suppliers’ performance matrix’
- Advanced degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 10+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Electronics, Instrumentation, Sensors, Machining, wire cables, PCB and PCBA
- Familiarity in managing contract manufacturers, consolidating for partnerships and drive outsourcing efficiencies
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating preferred pricing, RFP and contracts of at least $1M
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Logistics operations, VMI program management and export compliance experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conduct all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Must be able to travel - up to 30% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Valid driver's license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.