Sr. Manager, Production (Falcon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MANAGER, PRODUCTION (FALCON)
- Directly lead a team of Falcon Production and Engineering Leaders
- Manage a staff of 75+ employees on two shifts toward goals aligned to company targets for utilization, process improvement, quality, safety, delivery and cost reduction
- Ensure a strong focus is placed on safety and achieve excellent safety performance with the team
- Develop, implement and maintain production strategy including high level resource planning, rate development initiatives, scheduling processes and training programs
- Partner closely with Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance leadership teams to ensure that all three teams operate effectively and efficiently
- Achieve cost targets by improving labor efficiency and driving design for manufacturability improvements
- Coordinate and encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products and processes
- Build a high performing team and focus on hiring, engagement and retention of top talent
- Drive synergies across all areas of Falcon 9
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 2+ years of experience managing and/or mentoring engineers
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience within operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Production or manufacturing experience
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 5%
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production/Sr. Manager: $160,000.00 - $205,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.