Core Integration Engineer (Direct to Cell)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Define LTE EPC (Evolved Packet Core) Product requirements, identify new product features and develop core network integration plans for communication into carrier-grade network architecture
- Identify technology trades and create product roadmaps for cellular core products globally (e.g. emergency, public warning systems and roaming services)
- Technical partnership program management with international mobile network operators (to scale to 10x what we have today), including deep technical discussions and supporting core network integrations
- Create and own documentation of cellular core network design, integration and performance metrics for international expansion strategy for direct to handset such as IMS and EPC products, 3GPP feature and interface support, regulatory
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of hands-on integration of cellular LTE core networks (EPC, 5GC, and IMS) at a vendor and/or tier-1 telecommunications operator
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or programs in 3G, LTE, or 5G network delivery, automation, design and deployment
- Experience with of 3GPP network packet core, application and transport network interfaces and protocols (e.g. diameter, SCTP, GTP, s1/5/6a/8, NAS, Gx/Rx, etc.)
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with strategic technology decision making and designing state-of-the-art telecommunication core networking infrastructure and feature roadmaps with an operator or vendor setting
- Knowledge of satellite and wireless communication theory
- Ability to handle C-Level technical discussions and presentations
- 5+ years of experience integrating and/or testing cellular 3G/4G/5G, WiFi, or similar protocol stacks
- Experience with Linux and Linux tools for automation
- Familiar with lab test equipment such network analyzers, packet load modules, and network emulators
- Demonstrable experience in script development for test automation
- Demonstrable experience in creating test plans and setting up test beds
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite - JIRA, Stash, Bamboo
- Familiar with version control tool Git/Gerrit, SVN
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing and able to spend extended periods at partner sites
Core Integration Engineer I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.