Production Control Scheduler (Falcon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION CONTROL SCHEDULER (FALCON)
- Take complete ownership of production scheduling for a given production work center, including managing both tactical day-to-day tasks as well as projecting long-term high-level rate needs for the department
- Coordinate and review input from engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, and business development to support and maintain Master Schedules for products using Microsoft Office or applicable software as required
- Work across all departments to understand critical work requests ahead and behind targets to mitigate schedule impact risks
- Work across all departments to ensure MRP dates align with current vehicle products
- Utilize our Factory Scheduler application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update and communicate project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Ensure fixture, tooling, and test equipment requirements are properly scheduled to facilitate an efficient production process
- Support accuracy of internal logistics movement of critical work
- Push/pull work into the shop to improve lead times, reduce stagnation, and meet schedule needs
- Use established schedule to create and generate stakeholder buy-in on various scenarios to determine optimal hardware allocation between new/refurb hardware that take into account customer needs, current mission manifest, and customer quality requirements
- Build strong relationships with customers as well as internal/external suppliers and establish high-accuracy means of communication for both estimated hardware needs and completion dates
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of manufacturing scheduling, planning or operations experience OR 3+ years of manufacturing scheduling, planning or operations experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed and accuracy
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to prioritize efforts to meet customer and company goals
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external supplier/customer relationships in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Technical knowledge and skills in coding and computer applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, VBA, Smartsheet, SQL, Confluence, JIRA, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong track record of implementing continuous improvement efforts, ideally using problem solving frameworks including lean principles, six sigma, or Kaizen concepts
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams working on strategic problems
- Project management professional certification
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours minimum
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Control Scheduler/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Production Control Scheduler/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.