Supervisor, Launch Mount (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, LAUNCH MOUNT (STARSHIP)
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow
- Lead and manage a fabrication and integration staff including all performance management related tasks
- Review work instructions and make change recommendations when needed with the goal of simplifying manufacturing and increasing build rate
- Responsible for assessing & vetting the appropriate skillset needed
- Identify training needs and develop training programs
- Provide required data & reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- Accomplish production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results
- Effectively organize, assign and track work/deliverables for the team, ensuring seamless progression through multi-shift work schedules
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement
- Continuously improve processes and employee efficiency, utilization, and productivity
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 4+ years of production, assembly, or manufacturing experience in aviation and/or aerospace
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in final assembly and production in a fast-paced aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and failure mode effects analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Flight hardware is typically built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Must be willing to work night shift (6 PM – 6 AM)
- Physical effort including sitting or standing for extended periods of time and lifting and carrying weight such as materials or equipment (up to 25 lbs. unassisted)
- Work performed in an environment with exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments (heat, cold, rain)
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends, which varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Must be able to travel for short and extended trips as needed, up to 15%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Tower Build: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.