Supervisor, Materials Management - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, MATERIALS MANAGEMENT - 2ND SHIFT
SpaceX's Materials Management team is a crucial part of supply chain managing the daily receipt, distribution, and issuance of materials critical to building, launching, and recovering rockets. Our goal is to become a leader in supply chain and logistics performance with high on time delivery rates. The Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and exceeding customer expectations by leading continuous improvement to improve all aspects of materials management for our launch site.
- Manage an hourly workforce by assessing employee performance, providing positive/constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution, and addressing repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans or through disciplinary means
- Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results
- Monitor and improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment – with the goal of zero OSHA recordable annually
- Ensure business practices are being followed to not only guarantee the processing of product in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in AS9100 and customer flow-down requirements
- Manage the incoming acceptance, storing and issuing of a wide variety of parts, details and hardware into inventory
- Manage operations that provide industry leading levels of customer service in all operations: recognizing the needs of the business and adapting to support our mission
- Lead cost saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions and optimization opportunities
- Ensure cycle counting procedures are routinely followed to meet both our internal and external audit requirements
- Assist in the control of a fleet of vehicles, ensuring the necessary preventative maintenance, upkeep and enhancements are made to service the customer
- Develop and maintain the appropriate service routes and material replenishments to deliver material to internal customers at agreed upon service levels
- Supervise the local shipping and receiving operation; coordinating movements into and out of the local facility, along with critical point to point movements outside of the local facility
- Drive projects and changes that contribute to materials management’s ongoing improvement
- Ensure procedures are routinely being followed for shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock, FIFO
- Ensure the appropriate environmental controls are continuously effective, depending on the material requirements of the items being stored
- Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards
- Monitor and approve employee time-keeping records
- Support and maintain metric goals and objectives for the Cape production coordinator and Cape inventory teams
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing; or 4+ years of professional experience in materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or project
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- Completion of a leadership or rotational development program
- The Association for Supply Chain Management certification – CPIM or CSCP
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (green/black Belt certifications)
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Organized and self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications, SQL and PowerBI
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to work 2nd shift: 4:00pm - 2:30am
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. unassisted, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Materials Management/Supervisor: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.