SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX’s rapid growth has created an opportunity to add a Contracts Administrator to the Government Contracts team. The Contracts Administrator will perform contract life-cycle activities, such as completing pre- and post-award documentation, supporting proposal generation, maintaining a contract database and assisting with government compliance requests.
- Provide comprehensive contract administrative support, ensuring efficient management and coordination of contract-related activities across different departments.
- Support compliance efforts with government contracts and assist mission managers with contract performance.
- Support the review, response and negotiations for government proposal solicitations in coordination with mission managers, legal, contracts and finance.
- Create and maintain contract and business files.
- Oversee maintenance of a contract electronic database for accurate tracking and record-keeping of contractual documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with government counterparts, as needed.
- Support the management of government property from acquisition to disposition, in line with FAR property management standards and internal procedures.
- Efficiently manage the contract closeout process, including final deliveries, payments, and resolving outstanding issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of government contract administration or management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of government contracts and contract types, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and/or the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS).
- DoD and/or NASA contract administration experience.
- Request for proposal (RFP) analysis and proposal preparation experience.
- Excellent academic credentials and strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance preferred. Must be willing to pursue a clearance if not already cleared. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.