Facilities Security Officer - Top Secret Clearance
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FACILITIES SECURITY OFFICER - TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
SpaceX’s National Security Programs team supports sensitive U.S. Government launch and mission requirements. Core responsibilities include planning, coordination, management and upkeep of Secure Facilities across the organization.
The team is actively seeking a Facilities Security Officer to take ownership of the day-to-day operation and administration of its secure facilities. This individual will also assist in the development of new infrastructure in support of expanding U.S. Government work. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation for the facilities from the conception and construction of the facility to the day-to-day operations and inspection requirements.
- Inspect and maintain existing Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) infrastructure
- Oversee the development of new sensitive infrastructure to ensure compliance with established requirements across multiple different agencies/access levels
- Interface with and nurture strong relationships with customers to ensure SpaceX is clear on established and evolving requirements
- Manage and control all documentation for all SCIFs
- Track and maintain inspection schedule of spaces, semi-annual alarm tests, and all other requirements to ensure spaces stay compliant with Government requirements
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with the Mission Managers and PSO’s whose programs will be operating within the space to ensure all government customers involved are in agreement on requirements/operations
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience inspecting, maintaining, and developing classified/cleared infrastructure for U.S. Government work
- Active Top Secret clearance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Program or Business Management
- General construction or facilities maintenance experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer based proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- Direct physical security experience
- Strong foundation and knowledge of physical security methodologies, programs, solutions, and systems
- Certified ICD705 course completion within the past 5 years
- Experience constructing and accrediting SCIFs/SAPFs through varying agencies
- Ability to travel up to 25-30% in support of SpaceX security requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of ICD705 and DoDM 5205.07 v3
- Strong Organizational skills and ability to work multiple projects at once
- Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Facilities Security Officer/Level I: $75,000.00-$95,000.00/year
Facilities Security Officer/Level II: $90,000.00-$115,000.00/year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.