Hardware Engineer, PCBA Manufacturing (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE ENGINEER, PCBA MANUFACTURING (STARLINK)
Starlink demands a new type of supply chain. We require our suppliers to provide premium quality with rapidly evolving designs at commercial scale volumes. We are actively looking for candidates who possess comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and quality tools and have unrelenting motivation to enable suppliers for success. This position requires a combination of proven leadership and technical capabilities.
- Own and manage PCBA processes and PCBA products for in-house production
- Drive processes for volume production of PCBA including manufacturing execution, nonconforming product management, configuration management, traceability tracking, and process control
- Manage new product introduction of PCBA assemblies, working closely with design engineers, and process specialists
- Manage work instructions, process documentation, and training
- Track schedule, work-in-progress levels, and defect rates of owned products
- Identify trends and opportunities for optimizing product output, quality enhancements, and cost of manufacturability
- Drive corrective actions and process improvements on owned processes and products
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, software, industrial, electrical, or other engineering discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience in at least one of the following areas: manufacturing process, SMT, accelerated testing, design for reliability, or PCB design and layout
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High volume production experience (consumer goods, automotive, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working in SMT processing and/or related PCBA processes from industry, research, or academic projects
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods such as experiment design
- Knowledge pf IPC manufacturing standards
- Experience with SQL, Python
- Experience with Six Sigma
- Experience with basic failure analysis tools and methods (X-ray, cross-section, polishing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and use date to drive systemic improvements
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team in a highly demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to life heavy objects, up to 25 Ibs. unassisted
- Willing to work weekend and extended hours as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.