Sourcing Manager, Dish Raw Materials (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING MANAGER, DISH RAW MATERIALS (STARLINK)
SpaceX is on a fast track to become the market leader in various product categories like US based human spaceflight, rapid vehicle reusability, internet services through the Starlink constellation and other exciting projects. The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on SpaceX’s technological and market changing successes, our team will be part of managing an agile yet robust supply chain that will enable a competitive advantage for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. SpaceX Supply Chain will play a key role in enabling SpaceX to meet these ambitious growth targets and greatly contribute in making us a multi-planetary species.
- Develop and manage supply base (domestic and international) to support on raw materials used to produce mechanical components through NPI and production phases
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Provide guidance to internal customers on design for manufacturability and trade analysis for polymers, resins, and adhesive components, onboarding requirements, and quality
- Act as the supplier interface for all RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Monitor global industry trends, track technology roadmaps, and actively partner with the Design teams to identify/mitigate supply and demand challenges
- Partner with internal resources to drive adoption of low-cost parts and avoidance of obsolescence
- Visit supplier facilities and accurately assess operational capability, financial health, and capacity in order to award contracts in support of new product development and long-term production
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis, including strategic direction, capacity, market and industry position, and risk assessment
- Manage costs to ensure alignment with program budget
- Present value propositions to executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Work with supply chain engineers to develop requirements for both NPI and production phases
- Negotiate contracts to ensure continuity of supply and protect SpaceX interests
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
- Technical procurement or planning experience with raw material commodities
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of procurement experience in raw materials (polymers, resins, adhesives, chemicals, metals, powders etc.) sourcing
- Experience in new product introduction (NPI) and mass production (MP)
- Experience reading technical drawings, data sheets, fabrication drawing, BOMs and all related files
- Drive piece price and tooling negotiation process to ensure that SpaceX’s commodity pricing meet Best-In-Class expectations, while meeting Best-In-Class quality, in addition to driving continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad-hoc price negotiations
- Address all areas of category management including category business plans, market conditions, technology roadmaps, cost modeling, and sourcing strategies
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours: Up to 50% travel in work week
- Willingness to work long hours and weekend when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager/Senior: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.